Baseline & Research Studies
CHRS has range of professionals and experts that conduct baseline/impact assessment of ongoing and previously implemented activities. Aim of the practice is to provide information to clients regarding future consequences of a current or proposed action. CHRS utilizes community based methods, consultation methods, workshop based method and participatory method to conduct the impact assessment surveys using analytical, observation and interview tools.
CHRS conducts Trend Analysis, Market Analysis, Assessment Studies, Database Setup, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) and Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA).
Some of the CHRS assignments in this practice area include the following.
- CHRS is currently working with International Labour Organization on “Future of work Report – ILO Pakistan” with consultation of Ministry of HRD and Overseas. CHRS will conduct consultation meetings in all provinces including AJK, Gilgit & Baltistan with UN Agencies, Government, Civil Societies, Media and Academia to get their opinion for Future of work. The document will be presented as a national paper in the 16th Asia and the Pacific Regional Meeting (APRM) planned in Indonesia.
- CHRS has developed case studies for Oxfam Novib for Best Practices in Water Governance for its project “Save Water, Secure the Future”.
- CHRS has developed case studies for Oxfam GB for ‘LISTEN PROJECT’
- CHRS conducted Pre-Project Baseline Survey under ‘Supporting Inclusive Development through Community-Government Capacity Building and Partnership’ in Three District of AJK funded by European Union.
- CHRS conducted baseline for Communities for ‘Improved Child Wellbeing’ for World Vision International
- CHRS conducted Research study on ‘Child Bonded Labour in Brick kiln Industry’ of District Kasur for World Vision International.
- CHRS conducted survey for Church World Services for ‘Development of Village Plan’ in Thatta
- CHRS Conducted a Research Project on “Assess Gender Disparity in the Construction sector in Pakistan” for ILO
- CHRS conducted Consultancy Services for a preliminary study regarding “Establishment of sustainable Multi-purpose community Tele-Centers in the country” for Universal Service Fund (USF).
- CHRS conducted ‘Market Mapping and Supply Side Assessment’ for skills training in Muzaffarghar funded by Save the Children
- Conducted Market Research for ILO on ‘Labour Market Information System’
- CHRS conducted study for Plan international for ‘Market Survey/Analysis’ in Islamabad